Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 9


This was the last day and actually one of my favorites, which is hard to say because we did saw so many amazing things but it was nice to have the whole day to ourselves.  I woke up before checkout and went for a nice run along the beach.  Afterwards I packed up my stuff and left my bags in our reserved room.  I had been recommended a seafood restaurant on the boardwalk near our hotel and Prof Kessler with a few of the students agreed to accompany me.  The food was delicious and we had a great time.  From there we just walked around Tel Aviv for a while until the sun looked like it was starting to come down around 5.  At that point we walked to the Mediterranean and watched the sunset.  I was able to get some good pictures.  On the walk back we stopped at a place on the beach and relaxed for a little, then we headed back for the bus to the airport. 
The airport security was pretty crazy but everyone got through fine and we got on the plane back for home.  It was nice to be back but the trip was really amazing.  I really think it had a pretty big impact on my life.  I’d like to say thank you to Bruce for putting it together and those who helped him, especially Ayla and Fred Price.  Bruce let us know how helpful they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment